My name is Meghan and I’m a 20 year old college student studying Creative Writing, Theatre, and Art History. My dream is to be a book reviewer—and for me, dreams really do come true here In the Next Room! I am so excited to become a reviewer for the site!
I read mainly fiction, though I do appreciate a good memoir or essay collection. I love poetry, short stories, YA fiction of all flavors, plays, mysteries, historical fiction, GLBTQ, fantasy, sci-fi, true crime, and independently published works. (Particularly those from authors in Ohio or Colorado—my two homes!)
I devour books like most people eat chocolate chip cookies: frequently, quickly, and with great joy.
The best books I’ve read so far in 2012:
1. Enchantments by: Kathryn Harrison
2. Rules of Civility by: Amor Towles
3. John Dies at the End by: David Wong
4. My Mother She Killed Me, My Father He Ate Me: Forty New Fairy Tales edited by: Kate Bernheimer
5. The Catch Trap by: Marion Zimmer Bradley
You can find me here on Goodreads or here at my Twitter account, @meghanc303