Sunday, June 24, 2012

It's Monday, what are you reading? (28)

Last week I finished reading: 
The Future of Us by Jay Asher and Carolyn Mackler
I liked this one, it wasn't earth-changing but it was a fun read with two narrators that I enjoyed and it gave me plenty moments of nostalgia.

See You at Harry's by Jo Knowles
Really sad but really well written. It's technically middle-grade as Fern, the main character, is only 12 but definitely has appeal for an older audience too. I really liked the complexity of Fern, and I'm interested to pick up another books by Knowles in the future.

All These Lives by Sarah Wylie

Beautifully written, I loved Dani's voice. The ending was a bit muddled, but not enough to ruin an incredibly powerful debut. On a personal note, I think it's so cool that Wylie just graduated (2011) from the university I just finished (2012) my degree at and I wish I knew before I moved across the country so I could have a stalker moment and get her to sign my book.

Before You Go by James Preller
Wow, so I'm reading a lot of sad books lately! This one wasn't quite as powerful as the last two. I swear the next one I'm picking up better be cheerful and perky.

What I plan to read this week:
Shine by Lauren Myracle
Still reading this one, it's emotionally heavy so I haven't been wanting to rush it and I have to be in the right mood. But it's beautiful and heart-breaking already.

The Summer I Turned Pretty by Jenny Han
I'm listening to this one on audiobook but the audiobook cover is so ugly so I'm sharing the print edition instead. So far it's really perfectly, just, summery. I really liked the writing in Burn for Burn which Han co-write so I'm glad it finally got me to pick up this series.


Auracle by Gina Rosati
This is an e-galley with an expiration date I definitely don't want to miss– and look at that beautiful cover! It combines with a really unique plot. Only just started it but it's intriguing so far.

The List by Siobhan Vivian
I figure if I'm reading a book written by one author of Burn for Burn I should probably try the other author too, and I've heard really good things about this novel.

What are you reading this Monday?

9 comments:

  1. I love the title of The Summer I Turned Pretty!

    ~Ali

    My Monday

    ReplyDelete
  2. The only thing I've read by Jay Asher was Thirteen Reasons Why. That was more depressing than fun, so I'm glad to hear you enjoyed The Future of Us, even if it wasn't earth-changing.

    Auracle really does have a gorgeous cover.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a lot to be reading all at once!

    Wishing you a great reading week

    Shelleyrae @ Book'd Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover of All These Lives, and you make it sound so good I may have to check it out. :-) I love a novel with a strong, interesting narrative voice.

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Follower. That Auracle has a gorgeous cover! :-)\
    -Jenese

    www.readersconfession.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm not familiar with any of these books...hope you enjoy them all!

    Have a great week!
    Kristin @ Always With a Book

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, I'm glad you liked The Future of Us, and the nostalgia part is the part I'm most looking forward to! :D

    You read some awesome books this week by the sounds of it, and I definitely want to check out All These Lives. :D Sarah Wylie was at Lethbridge then??

    Glad you're liking The Summer I Turned Pretty, and I got a reply about Auracle and they're sending me a copy of it along with Promised! I can't wait!!! :D

    I hope you have another awesome reading week, Zo!!! :D

    ReplyDelete

Your comments make my day!