Sunday, July 03, 2011

In My Mailbox (June 19th-July 2nd 2011)

So after a few weeks of sporadic mail and Canada Post not delivering, we finally got our mail back this Tuesday! Unfortunately it was a short week, with Canada Day meaning no mail on Friday, but I did get a few books I'd been looking forward to.

{For Review}
The Secret Lives of the Four Wives by Lola Shoneyin (TLC Tours)
Holy Ghost Girl by Donna Johnson (ARC) (TLC Tours)
What Language Is by John McWhorter (TLC Tours)

Three books for upcoming book tours, including a novel, a memoir and a non-fiction. They all sound interesting I am looking forward to reading and reviewing them soon.

{Bought}
Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder

I really enjoy novels in verse, after first discovering the amazing Ellen Hopkins last year, and Schroeder has been mentioned quite a few times as another author who writes YA in verse to watch. When I purchased this I had an egalley of Schroeder's latest book, The Day Before, which I have since read and enjoyed (review coming) although it wasn't my favourite, but Chasing Brooklyn has a supernatural tint and has had rave reviews so I am definitely looking forward to it.

What was in your mailbox this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make my day!