Monday, December 06, 2010

I Want More Book Challenge

Hosted by Tea Time With Marce, I Want More Book Challenge 2011 is a great way to get you to pick up another book by that author you loved and then never read again. I'm also hoping to do this one mostly from my shelves.

What: Read a second book by an author whom you have previously only read one book by, cannot be a part of a series
When: January 1st 2011-December 31st 2011
Level:  Never too much: 9-12 books

Completed:
  1.  The Girl in the Green Raincoat by Laura Lippman (Review)
    -Previously read: I'd know you anywhere 
  2.  Beatrice and Virgil by Yann Martel (Review)
    -Previously read: Life of Pi 
  3. Beastly by Alex Flinn (Review)
    -Previously read: Cloaked
  4. I Am The Messenger by Markus Zusak (Review)
    -Previously read: The Book Thief
  5. Oliver Twist by Charles Dickens (Review)
    -Previously read: A Christmas Carol
  6. Wake by Lisa McMann (Review)
    -Previously read: Cryer's Cross
  7. The Island of Lost Girls by Jennifer McMahon (Review)
    -Previously read: Promise Not To Tell
  8. Blood & Flowers by Penny Blubaugh (Review)
    -Previously read: Serendipity Market
  9. Everything We Ever Wanted by Sara Shepard (Review)
    -Previously read: The Lying Game
  10. The Secret Lives of People in Love by Simon Van Booy (Review)
    -Previously read: Love Begins in Winter
  11. Along For The Ride by Sarah Dessen (Review)
    -Previously read: Keeping The Moon
  12. Insatiable by Meg Cabot (Review)
    -Previously read: Abandon
  13. Swing Low by Miriam Toews (Review)
    -Previously read: Irma Voth
Tentative List

    1. Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver *
      -Delirium
    2. Vacation by Deb Olin Unferth *
      -Revolution: The Year I Fell in Love and Went to Join the War
    3. A Spot of Bother by Mark Haddon
      -The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time
    4. Hard to Admit and Harder to Escape by Sarah Manguso *
      -The Two Kinds of Decay
    5. Dubliners by James Joyce *
      -Portrait of The Artist As a Young Man
    6. The Berlin Stories by Christopher Isherwood *
      -A Single Man
    7. The Believers by Zoë Heller *
      -Notes On A Scandal
    8. If Nobody Speaks of Remarkable Things by Jon McGregor *
      -So Many Ways To Begin
    9. Half In Love by Maile Meloy *
      -Both Ways is the Only Way I Want It 
    10. Suite Francaise by Irène Némirovsky *
      -Fire In The Blood
    11. The Almost Moon by Alice Sebold *
      -The Lovely Bones
    12. East of Eden by John Steinbeck *
      -Of Mice and Men
    13. Luna by Julie Ann Peters
      -Define "Normal"
    14. The Road by Cormac McCarthy *
      -All The Pretty Horses
    15. This Side of Paradise by F. Scott Fitzgerald *
      -The Great Gatsby
    16. She's Come Undone by Wally Lamb
      -I Know This Much Is True
    - Indicates book I have previously read by the author
     *Already own

      1 comment:

      1. Whew, great list! I really need to add something like this to my reading goals. I've found a few authors I've really enjoyed but haven't read more than one of their books. I've never been one to devour everything an author has written, but it does make sense to read others by authors I've liked!

        ReplyDelete

      Your comments make my day!